Mrs. Ayesha Rubina was born on 3rd of May 1969 in Hyderabad, India. She has studied Masters in English literature from Osmania University in 1992 and has topped her college. She completed her Post-Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education from Osmania University in 1999 and she has also completed Masters in Social Work from Osmania University.
Her career has been very interesting indeed, an educationist and a social worker she wear many hats and strives to do justice to the opportunities that present themselves before her.
Therefore all the facilities of special educators, physiotherapist, speech therapist and psychologist at the school are provided free of cost.
She is also:
Managing Director (honorary) of five OSE school's with 4800 children from underprivileged areas.
- Trustee Special Olympics, Andhra Pradesh chapter.
- Member and ex-coordinator for Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW), Andhra Pradesh.
- Executive committee member, A.P. Welfare Association For Mentally Challenged.
- President, Alumni Association, Sarojni Naidu Vanita Maha Vidyalaya.
- President, Alumni association, Holy Mary Girls High School.
In recognition of her services she was nominated in special category as the Co-Opted Member (Corporator) of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation in January 2010, her contribution to the GHMC is as follows-
- Initiated starting of a NAC (National Academy of Construction) centre in the old city, it trains 400 students every year in livelihood programs in the field of construction like civil supervisors, carpentry, plumbing, centering etc.
- Initiated a Ward Development plan, conducted a house hold survey of 2000 houses using 100 students, to invite public participation in development of the area.
- With the development fund of GHMC initiated the construction of a community hall, identified a land for park.
- Initiated a first of its kind park for special needs people.
- Conducted two job fairs for the un-employed youth. Nearly 2000 people got employed during these fairs.
- Initiated vocational training for women in different vocations such as beautician, curtain making, culinary training, tailoring etc. for generation of employment opportunities.
- Was instrumental in signing the sister city agreement between Hyderabad, Brisbane and Ispwich.
- Organized meetings of business houses with American Trade Commission and Australian Trade Commission.
- Awarded a gold medal in M.A (Masters in English) by Sarojni Naidu Vanita Maha Vidyalaya College.
- Was among the top 8 in a country wide Leadership competition conducted in 2009 by a leading English newspaper, The Times of India called the “Lead India”. It was a country wide competition to identify potential leaders.
- Was awarded the pearl of Hyderabad by an NGO called JCI, Hyderabad.
- Was felicitated as an achiever by the Rotary Club, Hyderabad.
- Was an IVLP (International Visitors Leadership Program) participant (2012) in a leadership program conducted by American State Government. She represented India and was one among the 19 participants from various countries of the world. Visited 4 states ( Washington D.C, Florida, Texas, Sanfrancisco) in the USA as a part of the program.
- Represented the Mayor of Hyderabad in the Asia Pacific cities summit held in Taiwan and presented a paper on “Trans-City Business Coalitions” and “Local Informal Economies” Perspective from Hyderabad in 2013.